Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Oh my goodness! It's a miracle!!!

The last couple of evenings, I have been crazy craving Chili's Skillet Queso. The fact that we've been there twice in the last week and a half and haven't gotten the queso hasn't helped anything. I found a copycat recipe for the queso and planned to make it tonight after I went to training. Mr. V was walking out the door as I was on my way to my car for said training and said he was going to the store, so I asked him to pick up a few things for the queso. He was merely running (literally, on foot) to the convenience store so he said it wasn't going to happen then.

What happened next SHOCKED me. He said, "We'll go to the store tonight when you get back then."

Happy that he said this, I went on my way to training. After the training, I proudly showed him my "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" Romeo and Juliet review and then said "well, I'm going to the store."

This is when I was shocked AGAIN!!!

He said, "Well, wait. I'll go with you. Let me get my shoes."

This may not impress many of you, but to me, it is amazing! I've told him so many times that I'd love it if he'd go with me and so many times before he has disregarded that wish (we speak different love languages and while 'quality time' is one of mine, he does not see grocery shopping as 'quality time.' Fair enough. . . maybe).

But TONIGHT! Tonight, he actually went with me. I am so blessed to have a husband who will do the mundane tasks of life with me. Yay!

I love Mr. V!!!

1 comment:

  1. Only another wife would understand this... I got it! ;) That is amazing!

    ReplyDelete