Sunday, October 18, 2009

Superman to the Rescue!

This weekend, during my precious Texas/OU Game (Hook 'em, Horns!), I ventured out to Six Flags with (some of) the cheerleaders from my school. Not what I really wanted to be doing that day, but it was enjoyable regardless.

Now, even though we work together and co-chaperoned the trip last year, the girls voted that Mr. V could not attend. One cheerleader (a true sweetheart) told Mr. V he could go, but, alas, Mr. V had a different day in mind.

I have to be honest with you, gentle reader (anyone catch the allusion???), the V's have not kept up with our housekeeping lately. We've been so busy with the business of school, the chaos of our lives has been reflected in our home.

Whilst at Six Flags, waiting in line for rides, preparing to be spooked in haunted houses, Mr. V had been sending me text messages to let me know how much he missed me and teasing me with "I have a surprise for you" messages.

When the coaches finally caught up with all of the girls at dinner, I asked them what it could be. They came up with all sorts of ridiculous things (bless their little Freshmen hearts, they're so cute!) and all of a sudden, I had a new message. A message lacking a certain confidence. It said "You're going to like this surprise very much. . . I think." I joked with the girls that maybe he had cleaned our apartment.

When I got home, I found out that HE HAD cleaned our apartment!!!  He whisked me away to see all of the work he'd done while I was gone. And WOW! He did a fantastic job! The first thing I noticed was the carpet was vaccuumed. No more little fuzzies!

Then I saw the clutter from the floor (mythology projects. . . blech) had been cleared, the table looked cleaner, and the bathrooms were (nearly) spotless!

It looks fantastic over here, I kid you not. So excited are we that we're going to have people over. Real people. Finally!

Some girls might dream of diamonds and pearls, but I'm happy with a clean apartment. And the flowers (in our wedding colors!) that were waiting for me on the bar.  Yippee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment