Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Two in One Night - Weird, but for a DELICIOUS reason

One evening, in the land of the Vs, an attempt at recreating Chili's scrumptious Skillet Queso was made. And friends, the Vs were NOT disappointed.

Now, I will not share my pumpkin bread recipe (family secret, no joke, don't ask) BUT since I found this gem on the world wide web, I would feel completely selfish if I didn't post it right here on my fledgling blog. So without further adieu, I give you homemade skillet queso (in a crockpot):

Here's what you get:

1-lb Velveeta
1/2 lb ground beef
3/4 pkg Old El Paso taco seasoning (couldn't find this. Subbed McCormick's. Was still fabulous)
3/4 jar or 8 oz of Old El Paso taco sauce
1/2 can of tomato sauce (small can)
corn chips

Here's what you do:

Brown hamburger and drain
Mix all ingredients in crock pot
Cook on medium or high until cheese melts (about 90 minutes)
Turn heat to low for serving and Voila!

Now, I have to tell you that it did burn a bit around the edges in my crock pot but the outcome was sooooooooooooooo good! It may not be completely spot on, but it is so close that I can close (homographs, people. love them!) my eyes and almost hear the bustle of the kitchen, the clanking of the plates, and I swear I can smell Mr. V's country fried chicken crispers and honey mustard coming around the corner.

The best part? Ask Mr. V: "It didn't even make much of a mess!" Very, very easy.




Enjoy!

Mrs. V

No comments:

Post a Comment