Sunday, December 13, 2009

How to make your wife a happy camper (without the camping, of course)!

I don't know how many husbands read this blog. Come to think of it, I don't know how many people, male or female, read this blog. If you're a guy reading this blog, 1) thanks for stopping by! And 2) keep reading; I've got a surefire way of improving your marriage.

Every now and again, Mr. V will look me in the eye, pause for a second (to make sure I'm listening, I'm certain), and say "I love being married to you."

That's it! All he has to say is "I love being married to you" and it makes me so happy! Who wouldn't want to  hear that the person who has pledged to spend the rest of their life with you say "I love being married to you."??? Who wouldn't want to hear anyone say "I love hanging out with you" or "I love being with you."???

NO ONE!!!

Mr. V is really good with the compliments. He's learned that it helps keep things pleasant if he tells me sweet things here and there. He threw out a sugary sweet one last night with my in-laws gathered about and my sister-in-law asked how many of those he's got. Sure, sometimes it sounds cheesy, but sincere or hilarious, they make me smile.

And isn't that what being married is all about? Making each other smile? I think so.

PS - Ladies, it works on your guy, too, so keep the compliments coming (or get them going). You'll be amazed at the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment