Thursday, December 3, 2009

Swimming

Tonight, I experienced my first high school swim meet.

Don't be fooled. I'm not some closet swimming enthusist. I don't even watch it in the Olympics. And, to tell the truth, I had to be dragged from the warmth of my down blanket and the comfort of my home to watch children pound the water or shiver as they waited on the sides.

But I actually had a good time, when all is said and done. Those kids have a ton of heart and they are so positive. I have worked with enough organizations to know that, more often than not, if their team isn't on top, they don't care.

Not the case with these kids. Don't get me wrong, these kids were so far from bad. They just aren't at the top of their game yet, and that's okay. They're all working so hard to get better and having a blast doing it and that makes me so proud of them. I don't even know most of them, but Mr. V and I were talking to the coach and you can tell that the kids really try.

I know of lot of teams where that just wouldn't happen. I know a lot of teams who are at the top and just don't care enough to make themselves any better. These guys are AWESOME, and watching them brought a smile to my face.

In other news, the wheat tortillas at Freebirds are incredibly good. Gave them a whirl tonight for my quesadilla and I'm not disappointed. Just thought I'd pass that along!

1 comment: