Sunday, November 13, 2011

30 Days of Thanks 2011 - Day 13

As I sit here, reluctantly thinking about the poetry unit my students are about to start, I can't help but reflect upon the last year of my life.

I think that a lot of changes have been happening in me this past year, a lot of stirrings. I have experienced a world of growth as a person this year. I have learned how to better resolve conflicts, to value my friendships and my free time more, and to just let things go.

I think about this tonight because in a few hours I will officially be a year older than I am right now. I reflect upon the passing of time and how changed we all are with each year that goes by. I am constantly learning new things and really have come to appreciate being a constant work in progress. Yes, it is tiring and yes, it can be frustrating. But it keeps me going and fighting and living.

I am immensely thankful that God has chosen to give me another year of this crazy, amazing life. We are not promised tomorrow so live for today and be thankful that He has given you another one. Embrace the challenges and celebrate the moments that make you laugh or cry. This is what life is. Isn't it amazing?

Mrs. V

No comments:

Post a Comment