Sunday, November 6, 2011

30 Days of Thanks 2011 - Day 6

Today, I am thankful for my new church family. They are truly just wonderful people. After a long search, I finally feel as though we are among people who love the Lord and want to live in true community with each other. With our hectic, crazy lives (not saying yours isn't, but I know for sure mine is), it can be hard to find time for people and I know I've felt a little lonely since moving out to "the country."

Today at church, they were excited when we came through the door! We've missed a few times since Mr. V's injury and surgery so it is nice to know we were missed, too. After the lesson was over, one of the women from our Growth Group (which we've missed since school started) came over to talk and ask how Mr. V is doing post-surgery. She even apologized for not swinging by to see us when he was in Week 1 of Recovery (apology not necessary). So sweet!

I am so thankful that the Lord has led us here!

And a secondary thanks, I have to say, is for Dawn's Power Clean. I never saw an advertisement for this but goodness gracious, it does an amazing job unsticking stuck on stuff. There is minimal scrubbing involved! This has made my life post-op (for Mr. V) a lot more palatable because it cuts in half the time it takes to do the dishes (normally Mr. V's chore). Love it! So thankful for it!

It's the little things (haven't I said that before?), people! Keep looking for them!

Mrs. V

No comments:

Post a Comment