Wednesday, November 2, 2011

30 Days of Thanks 2011 - Day 2

Today, I am thankful for:

The pasta dishes that Mr. and Mrs. K brought us - delicious! - and the brownies. Oh, wow, the brownies!

The advice that Mrs. K, studying to be a physical therapist, gave to Mr. V about getting out of bed without bending, lifting, or twisting. We're going to have to try that tomorrow! She also told Mr. V that his meds were making him feel better than he actually is and he really should take it slow. I'm so incredibly thankful that she said that because it's exactly what I've been trying to tell him to little effect!

I'm thankful for Mr. M who came by to lift a very heavy (to me) old lawn mower out of my car and ended up able to help me carry in the new fire pit that arrived on our doorstep today, one day ahead of schedule. And I'm thankful for Mrs. M who lent me her husband for some heavy lifting work.

I'm thankful that Mr. and Mrs. R came by a day early to drop off dinner for tomorrow night. After two pasta dishes in a row, I had secretly been craving tacos. Imagine my surprise when they actually brought in all of the fixings for tacos! Amazing!

I'm thankful for (and excited about) the cold front that we're about to experience. And because the cold is coming, I'm thankful for Mr. R, plumber extraodinaire, fixing our fireplace so we have a nice, warm fire when it is chilly.

I'm thankful for my friend, Miss H, who is celebrating a birthday today. May it not be the last one you can enjoy, in spite of what some may say. I fully intend to celebrate and enjoy each year of my life because we never know when it may be our last. I wish for all of my friends to worry less about the number of years in our lives and be more concerned with the life in our years.

Happy November!

Mrs. V

No comments:

Post a Comment