Tuesday, November 15, 2011

30 Days of Thanks 2011 - Day 14

I know that I'm late with this again BUT yesterday was my actual birthday! I am so thankful for the sweet people who said "Happy Birthday," posted it on my wall, or emailed it to me at work or at home. What wonderful people.

My BIG thankful thing, though, is my students in my B3 class. All of the last two weeks, the kids have been talking about what they were planning to do for my birthday. Imagine my disappointment when my student, who has been talking about making a cookie cake for the class to celebrate, tells me Monday morning that since she knew that Mr. V had bought me one for my birthday party, she decided I didn't need another one. But I was so looking forward to celebrating with my kids!

Well, B3 had been asking me for my favorite color and favorite cookie and all sorts of other favorites in the weeks leading up to my birthday. On November 14th, however, it came to nothing. "We forgot. Sorry!" they said. Now, imagine my utter surprise when I open my door after lunch to find a camera in my face, another flashing behind it, and a big balloon marking the spot where many, many cookies lay! They spelled out "Happy 21st Birthday Mrs. V" and had cookies to represent peace, love, an ampersand, and happiness (that was a smiley face cookie). What incredibly sweet kids!

I am so blessed to have really great kids in my classes this year. Last year was a bit rough but this year I feel more appreciated by my students and LOVE that they show their appreciation in spite of the way I'm challenging them this year.

What an honor to serve these kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment