Saturday, November 5, 2011

30 Days of Thanks 2011 - Day 5

Today, I am thankful for my husband's recovery process. It is hard on him to not be able to bend over or run or lift things. It's not easy on me to have to pick up the napkin that fell off his lap at lunch, lift the logs into and out of the cart and into and out of the car, or do both ends of the laundry and the cooking (he folds and has dish duty normally). It isn't easy picking up the extra slack in my household when I have two stacks of essays to grade and make up work to check. But this week, he is able to drive short distances. I may let him drive to work this week (he seems pretty determined even though it's technically 5 minutes outside of his drive range). He is still off of house and yard work duty, but he ran all sorts of errands with me today - Hobby Lobby, Tuesday Morning, Party City, Target, and lunch at Pei Wei. He even went into Home Depot solo to get something light.

I can't wait for him to pick up his end of the chores again, for him to check the pizza to see if it is done correctly, and to get out of bed without groaning. But for now, I'm so thankful that the surgery was successful and that he is progressing toward a full recovery!

Mrs. V

No comments:

Post a Comment