Tuesday, November 8, 2011

30 Days of Thanks 2011 - Day 8

Today I am thankful for my brother. He and I have clearly grown up together and, though we have differing opinions on many topics and have approached life in different ways, we are cut from the same cloth and have similar values. He cares about me and, because he loves me, he loves my husband, too. He has been so incredible to call my husband before his surgery to wish him luck, get jokingly irritated when I neglected to update him post-surgery, and called tonight to ask Mr. V how he was doing. What a guy! I am truly blessed to have him in my life.

I'm also thankful for my grandmother's house getting sold. It has taken so much pressure off of me, my husband, my brother, and especially my father. Dad jokes around more now, the way he used to before so many things became a burden to him. He is still burdened (aren't we all) but this is one less for him. I am so thankful for the change I've seen in him since the sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment