Thursday, November 5, 2009

I'm Thankful - Day 5

Today, I am thankful for sweet, sweet people who not only remember my mother, but also miss her a lot. Below is an excerpt from an email I received upon inquiring about a memorial plaque that was placed in her honor. I have not seen it yet but hearing about it was good for my soul (and a bit sad, too, to tell the truth - I bawled).

Dear Megan,

Of course I remember your mother. I think of her often--her love of students and her sense of humor. . . Many teachers contributed to the plaque we put in the garden to honor your mother. . .  her name and the quote are on the plaque. Besides the plaque, we also bought a set of wind chimes to hang from a near-by tree so that the melodious tones would remind us of your mother's beautiful voice and laugh.

I hope that sometime you will be able to visit the garden and find peace there.

Sincerely,
Mrs. R

Wasn't that sweet? It blessed my heart. I'm so glad that other people remember my mother for the wonderful person she was. Sometimes, I feel pretty alone in that department and this was just the reassurance I needed right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment