Monday, November 9, 2009

I'm Thankful - Day 9

Nine days in and I'm still finding things to be thankful for! Or things for which to be thankful. Whatever you're gramatically preferring today.

Tonight, we ventured out to see what was going on in Sachse at the home of some folks we just met at the church we've been trying out. They said we'd play board games (which would have been awesome) but we really ate dinner, had cake, and talked about life in general. I have been wanting some new friends in our area for a while - it gets a little lonely watching the hubs play Tiger Woods Golf all the time. Not that I don't enjoy seeing him gain the glory of a game well played or a challenge finally met, but you know what I mean.

I am thankful for new opportunities to make connections with people who aren't waiting to get their drivers' licenses or complaining about how much homework they have. I'm thankful that it was so easy to get along with everyone and hang out. And I'm thankful that I met a guy who we think was actually taught by my mom! (He seems to remember her - he would have been in her reading class at one point, we're pretty sure)

Great night to meet everyone and fantastic to joke around about life in general. I'm so very thankful for that!

By the way, doing this has really helped me pull out of my funk! Mr. V tells me I'm laughing a lot more lately and we're both enjoying it. :) It just goes to show you it doesn't take long to pull yourself back up if you have the right perspective on things!


Also, look for future "I'm Thankful" posts featuring the smell in the English hall (ie: I'm so thankful that my classroom doesn't smell like raw sewage anymore)!!! I can't wait to post that!

No comments:

Post a Comment